Welcome! Herzlich Willkommen! Bienvenus!
Darryl Cragun Design Services
designing professionally for almost 20 years
Growing up in California provided a wealth of design opportunities. A thriving economy + booming business environment = OPPORTUNITY. I was inspired to establish a boutique design & marketing communications business.
That’s exactly what I did.
While many were forced to learn through agency experience, I was free to unleash my creativity. Free to work directly with business leaders and decision makers. Free to bring my passion and unique style directly to the marketplace.
For almost 20 years I’ve networked and developed the business acumen required of successful entrepreneurs. My clients reap the ultimate reward. All clients, no matter how large or small, receive the responsiveness they deserve. Work with me and gain immediate access to the creative process – immediate input – immediate results.
My clients represent a wide range of industries, from private to public companies, from agriculture and food to electronics. I know the nuances of business and how to posture your company for success both online and traditional media.
I’ve successfully pitched my qualifications and expertise and won over Corporate Boards in high rises and sales teams over bagged lunches. I’m adaptable, dependable and adept at serving diverse audiences. (I’ve even met with CEOs late at night while their kids slept close-by because that was the only time they had available). I do what it takes to get your project completed.
These indelible life moments have made me who I am today – a highly skilled communications professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and an acute awareness of my clients’ needs.
My expertise includes project management, professional design and web development for a range of client needs, from simple or complex logos to PR and marketing campaigns. I work in both print and on-line media. And my services always include the assessment of client goals, project timelines and brainstorming sessions which turn into deliverables.
Let’s get started.
CLIENT LIST (partial list, alphabetical order)
Alpine Investigations Inc.
Ashley West, Attorney at Law
Attorney Debt Solutions Inc.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Sacramento
Blake's Purpose Foundation
California Conservations Corps Foundation
Downtown Sacramento Partnership
Envision Realty Services
Festival de la Familia Organization
Green World Bags
GTI Business Seminars
Health & Fitness Magazine
Mallory and Associates
Pacific Rim Street Festival Organization
Parents' Monthly Magazine
(The) Party Concierge
R&M Office Furniture
Ryan Law Group
Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency
Skyles Insurance Agency
Special Order Systems
Stonehenge Roofing Products
As a Branding Consultant and Designer in the California market, I have had the privilege of swimming with some pretty big fish over the years. Click here to read more about the Big Fish.
close full CV
Senior Marketing Development Consultant with more than 16 years experience, including project management for all varieties of print and electronic media, event promotions and development, as well as corporate-level marketing and brand consulting in both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) applications.
- In-depth knowledge of effective branding & marketing approaches for the development of multi-media campaigns.
- Well-versed in all aspects of Print Media, from typography and spot-color selection to pre-press, press checks and print production.
- Successful team building and motivational management styles. Open-minded to all positions/opinions for true consensus building.
- Public speaking experience and strong communication skills. Possess instinctive tact and diplomacy skills within team environments. Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively manage 3rd-party contractors, vendors, client personnel and staff teams on large-scale, complex projects
- Creative Problem-Solving. Pre-visualization and conceptual development focus. Budget-oriented marketing and public relations campaign development.
- Strong performance under intense pressure. Successful working independently or in a team environment. Driven to achieve results, on time and within budget.
SPECIFIC CAPABILITIES & EXPERIENCE
- Development and implementation of creative concepts, strategy and design
- Proficient graphic design in all applications
- Publication design, layout, pre-press, production oversight and delivery procurement
- Integrated marketing and idea generation from concept through production
- Managing, motivating and connecting people, teams and common goals
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting
- Collateral development and campaign management – direct mail, advertisements, periodicals, marketing collateral, media kits, event promotional and merchandise, signage, trade show marketing, corporate brochures, corporate identity and business systems
- Website design, management and implementation; e-commerce systems and database-driven interactivity; content management system integration
- Project management including proofing, press checks, budgets and deadlines
- Third-party interface – public relations firms, advertisers, clients, sales staff
- Writing – scripts, copy, advertisements and reports
- Budget planning, nontraditional revenue sources and in-kind partnerships
SOFTWARE SKILL SET
- Highly-proficient with the Adobe Creative CS4 Applications Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint Applications
- HTML 4.0 Proficiency Certification, TechSkills, Sacramento, CA, December 2000.
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Design, University of California at Davis, June 1992.
- Toastmasters International Member, 2003-2007, River City Speakers Club, District 39. Attained Competent Toastmaster (CTM) designation.
- Board Member, Festival de la Familia, Inc. 2009-2010.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Member, A+ rated, 2007-2010.
- Sacramento Chamber of Commerce Member, 2003.
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Member, 2004.
For a complete copy of my Curriculum Vitae with Project Experience Contacts plus Referrals & Testimonials List, please fill out my Contact Form here.
(B2C) Event Marketing & Development
Client: The Annual Festival de la Familia
(www.festivaldelafamilia.org) January 2009 - January 2011
Career Highlight >>
- For the 2009 event, I was contracted to develop a Website Redesign & implement their first e-commerce system. While online ticket sales were modest for 2009, they increased 101% for the 2010 event.
- Citing exemplary performance, I was offered a Board position in the summer of 2009. In addition to continued website management duties, I oversaw all marketing & merchandising efforts. Coordinating with 2 Public Relations firms, I created & produced new event merchandise (T-shirts, Tote Bags, Posters, etc.) & personally managed event day merchandising efforts.
- As the sole business consultant on the Board, I was able to champion more aggressive strategies for revenue generation on a limited budget. Through my review, approval & involvement in sustained Marketing & Public Relations campaigns (all media) during the 2009-2010 events, the client realized a 63% increase in Ticket Sales/Revenues for the 2010 event.
(B2C) Event Marketing Support
Client: The Annual Pacific Rim Street Festival (www.PacificRimStreetFest.com) 2004 - 2010
Client: Parents’ Monthly Magazine (defunct)
2006 - 2010
Career Highlight >>
- Monthly Responsibilities included Magazine Design, Layout, Pre-press & Production problem-solving.
- Managed creative staff for Ad creation; interfaced w/ advertisers & sales staff for Ad content submission, idea generation, ad proofing & deadline approval.
- Developed ongoing collateral materials for the Publication, including but not limited to: Annual Media Kits, Promotional Flyers & Direct Mailers, Trade Show Signage, web-related monthly content.
Publication & Web Management
Client: Health & Fitness Magazine
Graphic Design & Marketing Support
Client: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Sacramento
(www.bbbs-sac.org) 2005 to present
Career Highlight >>
- Provided year-round marketing support for all fund-raising activities.
- Responsible for the design, development and production of most print materials (programs, promotional posters, tickets, flyers) for the company’s 5-6 annual fund-raising events.
- Redesigned in-house Media Kits, company brochures, business card systems.
- Provided Print Brokering Management duties & negotiated pricing agreements with vendors on clients’ behalf.
(B2B) Graphic Design & Marketing Support
Client: Atlantis Energy Systems, Inc.
(www.AtlantisEnergy.com) 1999 - 2009
(B2B) Branding Development
Client: Special Order Systems, Inc.
(www.Team-SOS.com) 2003 - 2007
(B2C) Branding Development
Client: The Chocolate Architect
2005 - 2011
Career Highlight >>
- Provided year-round marketing, collateral design & print production support for their retail operations. Designed Retail Collateral, such as Bookmarks, Store Menus, Product Labels. Designed Direct Mail & Promotional Items, such as Print Advertisements, Flyers and Holiday Postcard Mailers.
- Provided the Website Design with e-commerce capabilities, Hosting & Email Integration and annual Site Maintenance.
- Developed, Implemented & Maintained an Email Campaign System with her client/contact database for their annual 10-12 holiday marketing schedule.
- Redesigned their Corporate Logo Identity System & associated collateral.
(B2C) Graphic Design & Web Development
Client: Firefly Salon
(defunct – www.FireflySalon.com) 2006 - 2010
(B2C) Business Identity Development
Client: Body Advantage Massage Therapy
(www.BodyAdvantage.net) 2006 - 2008